Fish Molly/Molee Recipe
- Fish – 500g cut into medium pieces
- Onion – 2 (minced)
- Cardamom – 4
- Cloves – 4
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Green chilli – 4
- Pepper powder – ½ – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Tomato – 2
- Thin coconut milk – 1 ¾ cup
- Thick coconut milk – ¾ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Pepper Powder – 3/4 – 1 tsp
- Turmeric – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Add all the ingredients to marinate. Add fish pieces and keep it for some time.
- Roast the fish pieces in medium flame.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and saute for a min
- Add minced onion and curry leaves and saute till onion becomes soft
- Add green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add turmeric, garam masala, pepper powder, salt and sauté for a min.
- Add thin coconut milk and wait till it starts boiling.
- Add fish pieces and cook with the pan covered in low-medium heat till fish is cooked (Swirl the pan in between)
- Once fish is cooked add chopped tomato on the top
- Add thick coconut milk and cook for another 4-5 min in low flame..
- Pour 1 tsp of ghee over the curry prepared. Keep the pan closed for some time (The gravy will thicken with time. So serve this curry one or 2 hrs after preparation)