I generally prepare this dish when I need side dishes with gravy. It’s a simple recipe, easy to prepare, no complicated steps involved. What ever the type of fish is, the gravy of this dish has a great taste.
Fish with Tomato Gravy Recipe
- Fish – 500g cut into medium pieces
- Onion – 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Tomato – 2 big
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ¾ – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Pepper powder – ¾ – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- cornflour – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns golden brown in colour
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add kashmiri chilli, red chilli, turmeric, pepper and coriander powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add 1 cup of water and wait till it starts boiling.
- Add fish pieces and cook with the pan covered in low-medium heat till fish is cooked.
- Add ¾ tsp of cornflour to ½ cup of water. Mix well and add it to the cooked fish.
- Cook for another 3-4 min. Switch of the stove.
- Pour 3 tsp of oil/ghee over the curry prepared. Keep the pan closed for some time and serve hot.