My husband was little confused when he took out Indian beans from the Fruit & Veg store. He told me to cook it in nadan payaru (long beans) style. This dish is a taste with a difference.
Indian Beans in Kerala Style Recipe
- Indian beans – 250g
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Curry leaves – 8
- Green Chilli – 3
- Dry red chilli – 3
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Sliced coconut pieces (thengakothu) – ¼ cup
- Cut Indian beans to 1 inch long pieces.
- Cook in pressure cooker and wait till one whistle comes. Keep the it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced small onions and curry leaves.
- Once onion is golden brown in colour and ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add sliced coconut pieces (thengakothu), dry red chilli and turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add cooked Indian beans and mix well.
- Cook pan covered for 4-5 min. Serve hot.