When my mother in law first served this dish to me and asked me to guess what it was? I really didn’t have an idea. I felt know this vegetable, but it’s not cabbage even though it looks like it. I tasted and tasted and finally I told it was cauliflower. Here we get cauliflower plenty. I am a lover of nadan dishes. So decided to make cauliflower in nadan style. Thanks Ammachi (my mother in law) for serving me the dish so that I have an addition to my recipe list.
Cauliflower Thoran Recipe
- Cauliflower – 250g ( 2 small)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Water – ¼ cup
- Gently grate cauliflower and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add cumin seeds, sliced small onions and curry leaves.
- Once onion becomes soft add green chilli and ginger garlic paste. Cook for 2-3 min.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add grated cauliflower and ¼ cup of water and cook with the pan covered for 5-6 min.
- Add grated coconut and cook for 2-3 min or till water dries up and cauliflower is cooked. Serve hot.