Which is the simplest of the simplest curry that you can prepare? Undoubtedly it’s the Moru kachiyathu or moru curry 🙂 I have noticed when people starts their cooking this is one of the sure shot curry which they prepare. It’s very simple to prepare and taste great. Moru kachiyathus is one the must curry with rice for my husband family. My mother in law keeps making it often and keeps it in the fridge so that it’s readily available anytime. So if you are yet to start your cooking experiments start with this curry and enjoy this simple and tasty curry!!!!
Moru Kachiyathu Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves – 4-5)
- Butter Milk – 500 ml (at room temp)
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Fenugreek seeds – ¼ tsp
- Small onion – 3-4
- Ginger – 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 2-3
- Dry Red chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Mix the butter milk well so that it becomes smooth. If its thick add water and mix well and bring it to your required consistency and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds and add fenugreek seeds
- Add sliced onion, ginger, green chilli, red chilli, curry leaves and saute till it for a min or till it becomes soft
- Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Reduce the flame and add butter milk. Stir continuously until the butter milk becomes warm. Please note that it should not boil. Remove from fire and Serve hot.