Liver Fry Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- Liver (beef/chicken/mutton) – 500g
- Small onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Water – ½ cup
- Pepper powder – ¾ tsp (freshly grounded)
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
(Note: Vary the amount of chilli and pepper as per your spice level)
- Soak the liver in a bowl of water with 1 tsp of turmeric powder or 2 Tbsp of vinegar. Keep it for half an hour. This helps to remove any toxins in the liver.
- Cut it in to small pieces and wash it well couple of times with water so that all left out blood drains out. (I used beef liver)
- Heat oil in a pan and sliced onion and curry leaves. (I don’t get small onion here because of which I added regular onion)
- When onion becomes soft add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute for min or two
- Add all spice powders except pepper powder and sauté it for a min or two
- Add the liver pieces and mix well so that the masala get coated well on the liver pieces.
- Add water and keep the covered and cook in medium flame till. Give a stir in between
- When water is half reduced add salt and mix well.
- Again keep the pan covered and when the curry is almost 80 % dry and oil starts appearing on the top, remove the lid and add freshly grounded pepper powder.
- Stir continuously till curry is completely dry and becomes brown in color