Kallummekkaya Varattiyathu Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 3-4)
- Mussel meat – 400g
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
(Note: vary the amount of chilli as per your spice level)
- Clean the mussel meat and keep it ready
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves and sauté till it becomes light brown in color (It takes approx 10-15 mins for this step)
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli and sauté for a min or two
- Add all spice powder, salt and sauté for a min or two. (If it’s becoming dry sprinkle little water or add little oil)
- Add cleaned mussel meat and vinegar
- Mix well so that masala get coated well on the mussel meat.
- Sprinkle little water and cook with the pan covered in medium flame for 6-8 mins or till mussel meat is cooked. Give a stir in between.
- Remove the lid and cook by stirring in between till the curry is completely dry. Serve hot.