This is another prawns dish which i love. Again my mother in laws recipe. I prepare it when I buy prawns. Give it a try!!!!!
Chemmen Olathiyathu Recipe
- Prawns – 500g
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp (optional)
- Sliced coconut pieces (thengakothu) – ½ cup
- Cocum (kudampuli) – 2-3 pieces
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- When onion becomes soft add ginger garlic paste, green and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add chilli powder, pepper powder, turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add coconut pieces and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and let it boil well.
- Add cleaned prawns and cocum mix well.
- Cook with the pan covered in medium flame till prawns are cooked and is almost dry. Serve hot.