This was my first hit cake which i made. Made it for a new year and every one liked it a lot. My dearest madam in my office Beryl Mam gave me this recipe. Thanks a lot Mam!!!!!
Chocolate Cake Recipe
All purpose flour – 1 ¼ cups
Cocoa powder – ½ cup
Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
Egg – 2
Butter softened – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
Vanilla – 1 tsp
Butter milk – ¾ cup
Butter – ½ cup softened
Icing sugar – 2 cups
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Milk – 3 tbsp (lukewarm)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare one 9”cake pan.
- Sheet pan by lining with butter paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder and baking powder
- In a bigger bowl, mix together butter and sugar well.
- Add one egg at a time and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour little at a time and mix well.
- Add vanilla and butter milk
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the cake and it should be dry when taken out.
- Cool the cake and frost with butter cream frosting.
- To make the butter cream frosting: in a bowl beat together butter and icing sugar until creamy. Add vanilla and milk and mix well. Spread it over the cake.