Chicken korma…..a dish loved by people who prefer dishes with thick gravy. This recipe is a spicy treat for you. Give it a try!!!!
Chicken Korma Recipe
- Chicken – 500g cut into medium size pieces
- Onion – 2 big
- Dry red chilli – 4
- Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Tomato – 1 (optional)
- Red Chilli powder – 2 ½ – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 10
- Water -1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Almonds – 10-12
- Curry leaves
- Soak almonds in 4 tbsp of hot water and keep it for some time. Grind the same to get a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion, curry leaves and dry red chilli.
- When onion turns golden brown in colour add fennel seeds and dry red chilli and cook for 2 min.If you like the tangy taste more add tomato and cook till its soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add red chilli, turmeric, coriander, garam masala and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add chicken and mix well. Add 1 cup of water and cook with the pan covered in medium flame for almost 20-25 min.
- Add almond paste and yogurt and cook for another 5-6 min.
- Garnish it with some fried onions.
- Serve hot with appam, chapatti etc.
- Pour 2 tbsp of fresh cream on the top while serving.