Prawns Tomato Roast Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 2-3)
- Prawns cleaned – 400g (measured after cleaning)
- Onion – 2 big
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Tomato – 2
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp (optional)
- Water – ¼ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 5 Tbsp
(Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml
Vary the amount of chilli and pepper as per your spice level)
Method: ( With step by step pics)
- Clean the prawns, devein it and keep it ready
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns golden brown in color
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and saute for a min or two.
- Add chopped tomato and saute till it becomes soft.
- Add all spice powder, salt and sauté for a min or two or till oil starts appearing on the sides of the pan.
- Add prawns and mix well.
- Add water and cook with the pan covered in low-medium heat till prawns are cooked and becomes soft.
- Remove the lid and cook for another 4-5 min or till the curry becomes 90 % dry.
- Pour 1 Tbsp of oil on the top. (It takes little time for the masala to get into the prawns. Serve this curry after 1 or 2 hrs of preparation)