A very simple healthy dish. We get plenty of good beans here. So this dish is in our menu once every week. I love dishes which have a lot of coconut in it, so its one of my favourite
Beans Thoran Recipe
- Beans – 300g (2 ½ cup sliced)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Ginger – ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut beans into thin pieces.
- Add cut beans and ¼ cup of water in a cooker and mix well.
- Cover cooker with lid, without putting the cooker whistle. Steam the same for 3-4 minutes until beans is cooked.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced small onions and curry leaves.
- Once onion is soft add ginger and green chilli. Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add beans and mix well. Cook with pan covered in low flame for 4-5min. Give a stir in between.
- Add grated coconut and cook for 2-3 min.
- Serve hot with rice and curd.
- Steaming vegetable(step 3) is a tip which my mother in law gave me. It helps to reduce the cooking time.