Unakka Chemmeen Podi Recipe
- Unakka chemmen – ½ cup
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Small onion – 5
- Dry Red chilli – 2
- Kashmiri chill powder – 1/3 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 springs
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Tamarind – Small ball sized
Vary the amount of chilli as per your spice level)
- Remove the head of dried prawns. Wash it well and keep it ready
- Heat a pan and dry roast prawns till it becomes brown and crisp. Keep it aside
- To the pan add grated coconut, roughly chopped small onion, ginger, garlic, dry red chilli and curry leaves. Dry roast it till coconut turns brown in color.
- Now add tamarind and chilli powder and mix it well for a minute.
- Add the roasted prawns and mix it well. Check for salt. Switch of the stove and allow it to cool.
- Grind it to a coarse mixture (Few seconds of grinding is sufficient). Chemmen podi is ready.