We didn’t meet here for a while right? Well I had been on vacation to my native Kerala. This time during visit I made sure that I had only Kerala nadan curries. I had so much of variety of traditional dishes that I am filled with memories of the same. So here is the first one which is coming to my mind. My Mother’s special Meen Manga Curry 🙂
Watch Recipe Video Below :
Meen Manga Curry Recipe
- Fish – 500g cut into medium pieces
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1 (minced)
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Green chilli – 4-5
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Raw mango – 1 medium sized
- Thin coconut milk – 1 ¾ cup
- Thick coconut milk – ¾ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add sliced onion and curry leaves and cook till onion becomes soft.
- Add green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder and saute for a min.
- Add sliced mango and saute for 2-3 min
- Add thin coconut milk, salt and mix and wait till it starts boiling.
- Add fish pieces and cook with the pan covered in low-medium heat till fish is cooked (Swirl the pan in between)
- Once fish is cooked add thick coconut milk
- Cook for another 4-5 min in low flame. Switch of the stove.
- Pour 3 tbsp of oil over the curry prepared. Keep the pan closed for some time and serve hot with rice.