It’s a very simple dish. Not much preparation required and easy tp prepare. Gives a dish with a good gravy. Give it a try!!!!
Prawns with Gravy Recipe
- Prawns cleaned – 250g
- Onion – 2 big
- Green Chilli – 2
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Tomato – 1
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Water – 1 ½ cup
- Cornflour – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a pan and add sliced onion and curry leaves.
- Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns golden brown in colour
- Add ginger garlic paste, green chilli and cook for 4-5 min.
- Add chopped tomato and cook till it becomes soft.
- Add kashmiri chilli, red chilli, turmeric and coriander powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add prawns and mix well.
- Add 1 cup of water and cook with the pan covered in low-medium heat till prawns are cooked.
- Add ¾ tsp of cornflour to ½ cup of water. Mix well and add it to the cooked prawns.
- Cook for another 3-4 min. Switch of the stove.
- Pour 3 tsp of oil/ghee over the curry prepared. Keep the pan closed for some time and serve hot.
- Always cook prawns in low- medium heat.
- Don’t skip step 10. It gives a good taste to your dish.