This is another veg recipe which I just love. It’s easy to prepare and in the end you get a delicious curry with thick gravy. I used ready made panner as I felt it much easy. Since we use fresh cream the gravy thickens with time. So you can adjust the amount of water while cooking if you are serving the curry after some time.
Paneer Butter Masala Recipe (Serves 3-4)
- Paneer – 300g cut into small cubes ( 1 cup)
- Butter – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf – 1
- Onion – 1 big (minced)
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 3 tsp
- Tomato – 2 (pureed)
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 1 ½ – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Water – ¾ cup
- Fresh Cream – 1 cup
- Heat butter and oil in a pan and add bay leaf and saute for a min.
- Add minced onions and saute till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add kasuri methi and tomato pureed and sauté for 2 min
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min
- Add chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, salt and saute for a min
- Add water, mix well and allow it to boil
- Add cubed paneer and cook with the pan covered in medium flame till paneer becomes soft and is cooked
- Add fresh cream and cook in low flame for another 4-5 min
- Add 1 tbsp butter on the top of the curry. Serve hot. (The gravy thickens with time. So increase the amount of water while cooking if you are serving it after some time)