Do you like Mushroom? Well until recently I was very new to it. I was never attracted to it. Now it season of Lent and I need to make some thing really good with vegetables to make my husband happy. That’s how we decided to buy mushroom at home. I started preparing it with little doubt in mind, but believe me finally the curry which came out was awesome. Now we have decided to buy it every week at home. It’s almost prepared in the same way as you prepare non-veg side dishes and the best part is its very very nutritious
Mushroom Roast Recipe
- Mushroom – 250 g
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 Large
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ¾ tsp (vary as per your spice level)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Garam masala – ¾ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Slice mushroom into small pieces
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter fennel seeds.
- Add sliced onion and curry leaves. Cook with the pan covered and stir in between till onion turns brown in color (It takes approx 10-15 mins for this step)
- Add sliced tomato and sauté till it becomes soft and oil starts appearing on the sides of the pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add all masala, salt and sauté for a min or two
- Add mushroom and mix well so that the mushroom get coated with the masala (No need add water as water will ooze out of mushroom)
- Cook with the pan covered in medium for 6-8 min or till mushroom is cooked well. Serve hot.