Its been a while that I had posted a cake recipe right? I got bored with baking some times back and I decided I will bake my next cake for Christmas and new year. Finally I tried a new recipe for New year. It’s the Mango Cake made with Mango pulp. I didn’t feel any thing special the day I made it. But the next day I got the real taste of it. It was soft, super moist and I just loved the color and texture of it. We were fighting for the last piece 🙂
Moist Mango Cake Recipe
- Maida – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Egg – 4
- Oil – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Vanilla – 2 tsp
- Mango pulp – 1 1/2 cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp
- Honey – 4 tbsp (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Sheet the cake pan by lining with butter paper.
- Mix together in a bowl together the dry ingredients
- In a bigger bowl, with a hand mixer mix oil and sugar with high-speed
- Add egg, one at a time and mix well with high-speed.
- Add the dry ingredients kept ready to the wet mixture little at a time and mix in medium speed
- Add the mango pulp, vanilla, milk and mix.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pan and bake for approx. 40 to 45 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the cake and it should be dry when taken out.
- Cool the cake and spread honey on the top of the cake with a brush. (The cake is not very sweet, so if you want to increase the sweetness then only brush honey on the top of the cake)