This is again my mother in laws recipe. In fact it’s the steaming part which makes its soft and helps to reduce the cooking time. It’s very healthy and its there in our weekly menu.
Padavalanga Thoran (Snake Gourd with Coconut)
- Padavalanga – 1 medium (250g)
- Small onion – 4
- Green Chilli - 2-3
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut - ½ cup
- Curry leaves
- Cut snake gourd into small pieces.
- Take snake gourd and grated coconut in a cooker. Sprinkle little water (3-4 tbsp) and mix well.
- Cover cooker with lid, without putting the cooker whistle. Steam the same for 3-4 minutes or until its cooked.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add sliced small onions and curry leaves.
- Once onion becomes soft add green chilli and ginger garlic paste cook for 2-3 min.
- Add turmeric powder and cook for 2-3 min.
- Add cooked snake gourd and cook for another 2-3 mins or till its fully dried. Serve hot.