This dish again reminds me of my dear friend Rakhi. I can say she is an expert in grating vegetables. When we were in Bangalore she always used to prepare good thoran dishes. Here mum came to stay with us some time and I remember what ever Aunty prepares it was so delicious. I have to learn lot from Aunty also. Carrot Thoran Recipe
- Carrot – 350g ( 2 ½ cup grated)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Ginger – ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and sliced small onions.
- Once onion is soft add ginger and green chilli. Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add grated carrot and mix well. Cook with pan covered in low flame for 4-5min. Give a stir in between.
- Add grated coconut and cook for 2-3 min or till carrot is cooked well.
- Serve hot.