Do you like Potatoes? Frankly I am not a great lover of it, but since veg options are less here I am forced to make something with it. This recipe is one of the easiest and quick way to make potato fry. The steaming part reduces the cooking time drastically and it tastes also good. I keep making it once in a week. Try it out if you want to make something quick with potato 🙂
Aloo Fry Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves – 2)
- Potato – 2 medium
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Jeera – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – few
- Onion – 1 small
- Green Chilli – 2
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp (optional)
- Remove the skin of potato, cut it length wise into two
- Take the potato and water in a pressure cooker. Cover it with lid and don’t the put the cooker whistle. Wait for the steam to come and remove it from the stove.
- Cut the potato into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds
- Add jeera, sliced onion, green chilli and curry leaves and saute till onion becomes soft
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder and saute for a min.
- Add cubed potato and mix well.
- Keep the pan covered and cook for 6-8 min in medium flame or until potato is almost cooked
- Remove the lid and keep stirring in between till potato gets a crispy coating outside and becomes golden brown and is fully cooked.