This dish reminds of my dear friend Rakhi. When we were in Bangalore she used to prepare this dish with so much of perfection. She used to grate and grate beetroot with so much of precision that finally a delicious thoran used to get ready. Thanks my dear friend for giving me the inspiration to write this recipe.
Betroot Thoran Recipe
- Beetroot – 250g ( 2 large grated)
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Small onion – 4
- Green Chilli – 3-4
- Ginger – ½ tsp (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and crackle mustard seeds.
- Add sliced small onions and curry leaves.
- Once onion is soft add ginger and green chilli. Cook for 4-5 min.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add grated beetroot and mix well. Cook with pan covered in low flame for 4-5min. Give a stir in between.
- Add grated coconut and cook for 2-3 min or till beetroot is cooked well.
- Serve hot with rice and curd.