My hubby just love this cake. He started having this when he was in UK. Tried couple of times and finally got the best one. I got this recipe from the food network website. I don’t remember who posted the same as I just copied it in my laptop and I didn’t had any plans to start a blog at that time. Thanks to the one who posted the same. Now here its there for you!!!!
Moist Carrot Cake Recipe
- Maida – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 3 tsp
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 3 tsp
- Nutmeg – ½ tsp
- Egg – 4
- Oil – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 2 cup
- Vanilla – 2 tsp
- Grated carrots – 3 cups
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- Cream Cheese – 1 cup softened
- Butter – ½ cup softened
- Icing sugar – 2 cups
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
(Note: 1 Cup = 250 ml)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare two 9”cake pans or one 12” cake pan. Sheet pan by lining with butter paper.
- Mix together in a bowl together maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a bigger bowl, whisk together eggs and oil
- Add to it sugar and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture little at a time and mix well
- Add the grated carrots and mix well.
- Pour batter in prepared cake pans and bake for approx. 45 to 50 minutes.
- Test for doneness by inserting a tooth pick in the center of the cake and it should be dry when taken out.
- Cool the cake and frost with cream cheese frosting.