Carrots are one item which are in my fridge always and I always wonder what to do with it. My husband doesn’t like it, so I cant make any curry with it. So finally I keep converting it into different forms so that its finished. Carrot cake is one of our family’s favorite. This is another recipe which you can try. Its easy to make and tastes good.
Carrot Ladoo Recipe
- Grated carrot – ½ kg
- Ghee – 6 Tbsp
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup (vary as per your taste)
- Milk powder – ½ cup
- Cardamom powder – a pinch
- Desiccated coconut – ½ cup
(Note: 1 cup = 250 ml)
- Very finely grate carrot and keep it ready
- Heat 4 Tbsp of ghee in a pan and add the grated carrot. Cook with pan covered till carrots become soft and is cooked well. Give a stir in between and add milk if its sticking to the pan.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Keep stirring till it becomes dry.
- Now add milk powder and mix well.
- Add rest of the ghee and remove the pan from stove.
- Once its cooled make it into small balls (apply little ghee on your palm if its sticking) and roll it in desiccated coconut.