This is another breakfast dish which my husband and my little one loves. It’s very healthy and easy to make. The same can be made with rice flour also.
Gothambu Puttu Recipe
- Atta – 2 cup
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Water – 1/3 cup
- Take atta (gothambu podi) in a bowl. Add salt and mix well
- Add water little at a time and mix with fingers.
- Break any wheat balls which forms during mixing
- The atta mixture should be just wet for steaming
- In the puttu maker add 1 tbsp of grated coconut at the bottom
- Add prepared atta to the put maker till the top.
- Put 1 tbsp of grated coconut on the top.
- Put the lid and steam it on the pressure cooker in a medium flame.
- It should be steamed till a consistent stream of steam comes from the top of puttu maker.
- Remove from fire and serve hot with kadala curry/ fish curry