This is one of the spicy dish that I love. The thick gravy attracts me a lot. When u cook itself, the aroma of all spices just fill your kitchen. All spicy food lovers out there, you are just going to love it!!!!
Varutharacha Mutton Curry Recipe
- Mutton – ½ kg
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Curry leaves – 10
- Onion – 2 big
- Ginger garlic paste – 4 tsp
- Tomato – 1
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- coriander powder – 3 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
To roast and grind:
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Coconut grated – 3 tbsp
- Dry red chilli – 5
- Fennel seeds (perumjeerakam) – ½ tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Cinnamon – a small piece
- Whole pepper – 1 tsp
- Small onion – 5
- Heat oil in a pan. Add curry leaves and sliced onions.
- When onion turns golden brown, add ginger and garlic. Cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add chilli powder and coriander powder, turmeric powder, salt and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add sliced tomato and cook till it turns soft.
- Add cleaned mutton pieces and mix well.
- Transfer the contents into a pressure cooker. Add 2 cups of water and pressure cook till the mutton is done.
- Heat oil in a pan and add coconut, dry red chilli, whole black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, small onion, fennel seeds.
- Fry till the coconut turns golden brown. Remove from fire and let it cool.
- Grind it to good paste.
- Add little water to the ground masala and make it to a paste. Add it to the cooked mutton and cook on low flame for 5-10 mins. Remove from fire.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil on the top and keep closed for 5 min.
- Serve hot with rice, chapthi, appam etc.