This is one the easiest cookie that you can prepare. I saw this in the food network channel. I made little changes to the same to suit our taste. You can vary the amount of sugar used. I used ready-made puff pastry for the same. The cookie taste best immediately after baking. With time the crispness of the cookie reduces. So have it the same day you prepare it.
Elephant Ears Cookies Recipe
- Puff pastry – 1 sheet (defrosted)
- Sugar – 2/3 cup
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees. Line a flat tray with butter paper and keep it ready.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into two equal halves.
- Combine 1/3 rd cup of sugar and ½ tsp of cinnamon powder well and spread it evenly on one half of puff pastry sheet.
- Once its evenly spread press with your hands so that sugar is pressed into the puff pastry.
- Fold the sides of the puff pastry toward the center so they go to the middle. Finally fold one half over other.
- Slice it into thin slices and place it on the baking tray. Repeat the same for the other half of puff pastry also.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 mins or until caramelized and brown and then turn the cookies and bake for another 8-10 mins. (Baking time may vary depending on the oven temperature)