I first had Aloo Paratha made by my friend. I liked it a lot but I was little behind in the rolling part of the dough with the stuffing inside. They always used to tell me with practice you will be able to do it. So with practice I am ok now. So same advice I want to tell you all if you have doubts in mind. If you are really not able to manage, do it with the alternate method which I have mentioned. Happy Cooking!!!!!
Aloo Paratha Recipe
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cup
- Potato – 3
- Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
- Green chilli – 1
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander leaves – few (optional)
- Take the wheat flour. Add water, slat and little oil and knead into a soft dough just like the dough you prepare for roti/chapati
- Boil the potatoes and peel them and mash it well. Add onion, green chilli, all masala, salt and mix well
- Roll the dough into small round shape and keep a small portion (lemon sized or more) of the stuffing on it.
- Seal it with the stuffing inside.
- Now roll it into round shape. If you are finding it difficult to do check the below method
(Make two medium-sized balls from the dough and make it into small circle. Spread a portion of aloo mixture on one of the rolled dough. Cover this with the second rolled dough. Press the edges and roll the dough into the size of a normal roti/chapatti)
- Heat a tawa and place the rolled out dough.
- Once you see small bubbles, apply oil and flip it to other side. Apply oil, cook both sides well and serve hot.