Chilli chicken and fried rice used to be my Mothers main course for special occasions during my school days. But I don’t know I never tried it until recently. We had gone to my husband’s friend Nirmal”s house and got a chance to have what they prepared. It was so tasty and I decided to try it. It came out well and now once every week we prepare it at home.
Chilli Chicken Recipe
- Boneless Chicken – 500g cut into small cubes
- Onion – 2 medium (cut into cubes)
- Capsicum – ½ (cut into cubes)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 big (pureed)
- Kashmiri Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Soya sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Chilli sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Tomato sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Chicken stock – ½ cup
- Corn flour – ½ tsp
- Red food color – few drops
- Oil (for frying)
- Corn flour – 2 Tbsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Soya sauce – 1 Tbsp
- Chilli sauce – 1 Tbsp
(Note: 1 Cup = 250ml. Vary the amount of chilli as per your spice level)
- Cut chicken pieces into small cubes.
- Mix all the ingredients to marinate (Sprinkle little water only if required)
- Add chicken pieces into it and mix well. Keep it for some time
- Heat oil in a pan and fry well the marinated chicken pieces
- Cut onion into cubes
- Heat oil in a pan and add cubed onions
- Once onion becomes soft add capsicum
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook for 2-3 min
- Add all the sauces, kashmiri chilli powder and mix well.
- Add tomato puree, salt and cook for 2-3 min
- Add fried chicken pieces and mix well.
- Cook with the pan covered in medium flame for 6-7 min. Give a stir in between
- Add red food color, ½ tsp of corn flour in chicken stock and mix well. Add it to the pan and mix well.
- Cover the pan and cook for another 4-5 min. Serve hot.
- If you want more gravy add again the same quantity of chicken stock with corn flour added to it.
- If you want exact restaurant style chilli chicken u need to add a pinch of Ajinomoto also.