What is your favorite snack? Mine all time favorite is Fish Cutlet. I like to eat it, but if you ask me whether I like to make it, answer is not much 🙂 . I always feel there is too much of steps involved in making cutlet. Since I used canned fish, I can say the work involved was little less, but even then I get tired at the end of making cutlets. I finally decided to make it to make my son eat Tuna fish. His doc told its good to give Tuna fish for kids. We get it in tinned form only here but he just doesn’t like to have it. I keep converting it in different forms but most of the time all my efforts are in vain. But me and my husband just loved it when I made cutlet with it and that’s when I decided to share the recipe. Check it out. It will become your favorite too.
Fish Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes – 10 Fish cutlet)
- Fish – 150g (Refer note)
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 or 2
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Garam masala/fish masala – 1 tsp
- Potato – 1 medium-sized
- Egg – 1
- Bread Crumbs – ½ cup
- Oil for frying
( Note: I used one tin of 170g canned Tuna fish. If you are using canned fish, drain the salt water from it as much as possible and keep the fish ready. If you are using regular fish, sprinkle little water and boil the fish with ginger and garlic, little chilli powder and turmeric powder. Remove the bones from the fish and then mince the fish. Also vary the amount of chilli as per your spice level)
- Finely chop onion and green chilli and keep it ready
- Boil the potato, mash it and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Saute it till it becomes soft
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli and sauté for a min or two
- Add all spice powder and sauté for a min or two
- Add minced fish and sauté for 6-8 min or until its dry. Remove from fire and allow it to cool.
- Add mashed potato, mix well and make it to small oval shapes.
- Dip it in beaten egg and roll in bread crumbs
- Deep fry in oil until it turns brown in color and serve hot with tomato sauce. (When you are frying the cutlet should be immersed in oil. So select the the pan and pour oil accordingly)